star player
star player

Male Number of posts : 723
Club/s : Arsenal
Player/s : Pascal 'Zinedine' Cygan
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Yeah, fair point. If i were you i'd remove England altogether Wink

It's just amusing, goes...Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, France...and Croatia.

A country of footballing gods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad193
legend
legend

Male Number of posts : 2010
Club/s : Liverpool
Player/s : Zidane, Gerrard, Reina, Torres, Del Piero
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:38 pm

yer well.. it's up for some ppl if/when they join ... if i dont see much action in it.. no point in keeping the place open.

we'll see what happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:01 pm

lol croatia!! funniest thing i seen on here so far- why not
they had boban and suker, who can argue with them 2 eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

Male Number of posts : 21
Club/s : Liverpool, Dinamo, OFK, Borac BL
Player/s : too many to name
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:18 am

And Robert Prosinecki, Asanovic, etc etc.

And are Currantly one of the best teams in Europe, on form and by squad, with players like Luka Modric who will become a superstar any time soon.

Please, Croat Teams in the Croatian 2nd Division have more Technique then most EPL teams.

Some of the greatest players and managers in History have been Croat, like one of Bayern Munich's best ever managers Cajkovski, first man to lead a team to a League Cup Double in the mid 60's.

Ignorance is what people use as an excuse for, Lack of intellegence, well it's not ignorance, it's lack of knowledge.

So boys please, oh and Spain a super power?? Croatia as a NT has achieved more in 15 years then Spain has in the last 100.

A strong league doesn't make a super team, ask the English.

Mirko.
(FTT's own Paul Tomkin's Razz Rolling Eyes Smile )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hns-cff.hr
ahmad193
legend
legend

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:25 am

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH... YOU GO MIRKO !!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad193
legend
legend

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:28 am

Quote :
Please, Croat Teams in the Croatian 2nd Division have more Technique then most EPL teams.

YEAAAH.. FEEL MIRKO'S WRATH !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:22 pm

lol relax i was actually rootin for croatia when they played england.. and i live in england.. whats more, the whole cafe was full of asylum seekers supporting england, only me and 2 others in the whole place supported your country.. and we wern't disappointed!!

i liked croatia during boban and suker's time, but completely switched off them after those two left. good to see them going in strong, but i warn you my friend, performances in qualification is 1 thing, performing in the tournament is another.. yogoslavia (xcuse my spelling) came to the world cup boasting the best defensive record in qualification and we all know what happened to them.

you have a point about ignorance, i barely knw any croatian players beside the guy who plays for portsmouth (cant spell his name either)

so may i suggest to you to post here croatian players profiles, which clubs they're at, how good they are, positions, etc..

would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:08 pm

No one doubts the qualityof players croatia has turned out.

They're just...well, not considered one of the premier teams in the world...thus it is mildly amusing...you may aswell add San Marino to that list if you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:40 am

teee wrote:
lol relax i was actually rootin for croatia when they played england.. and i live in england.. whats more, the whole cafe was full of asylum seekers supporting england, only me and 2 others in the whole place supported your country.. and we wern't disappointed!!

i liked croatia during boban and suker's time, but completely switched off them after those two left. good to see them going in strong, but i warn you my friend, performances in qualification is 1 thing, performing in the tournament is another.. yogoslavia (xcuse my spelling) came to the world cup boasting the best defensive record in qualification and we all know what happened to them.

you have a point about ignorance, i barely knw any croatian players beside the guy who plays for portsmouth (cant spell his name either)

so may i suggest to you to post here croatian players profiles, which clubs they're at, how good they are, positions, etc..

would be helpful.

World Cup 1998 can be seen as how we play, World Cup 02 was well full of 30+ players (Suker was 29/30 in 98!) and was the end of an era.

World Cup 06 and Euro 04, was the gap in generations, it was just with a few decent players who well, where quite poor.

This generation now is on par with 98, not in individual brilliance, but as a collective team, although Modric and Eduardo are as skillfull as any of he 98 generation.

I shall start a player profile, maybe even for some other Countries aswell, as i do follow youth football alot.

(I tipped Bojan Krkic to be big over 18months ago, and have posts on another forum to prove it)

Also

Quote :
you may aswell add San Marino to that list if you get my drift.

San Marino? You compare a team which has qualified for 6 out of the last 7 major tournaments, a country with 4.2 Million population, which achieved 3rd place in '98, to San Marino?
If You consider Spain a Premier team, how can you not Croatia?
What is this criteria? if its down to performances, Achievents or Rankings, Croatia out does Spain.

(I don't mean to be or sound like a prick, and if im giving away that, i appologise)
Back to top Go down
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:55 am

Premier teams usually have a history to back them up. i.e. World Cups and European titles...for example, Poland came third in 1974 and they're not considered a powerhouse in world football...neither are Croatia.

No i wasn't comparing San Marino to Croatia, but merely stating sticking teams everywhere for the sake of it is amusing. Obviously beforehand i didn't know these boards would be invaded by Croats Razz

Croatia is a good and solid side, but they don't stand out.

(and i didn't think you were coming across as prickish...if anything i am Wink)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:34 am

What has Spain Achieved? They have less sucess then the Croatian NT team dos, so how are they a powerhouse??

Croatia did not exist prior to 1991, the NT 92, So take that into consieration.
Back to top Go down
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Spain won the Euro Championship in 1964 i think.

But they're consistently around the quater final stages and the quality of their players shows in the clubs they play for.

I know Croatia didn't exist...the comparison to Poland was just to say however that "just because you finished 3rd it doesn't mean you're in the same league as Brazil" sort of thing.

If you want to get really Micro we could put up all the squad lists of the national teams and compare all the Croat players to their opposite numbers and see which are better on an individual basis aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:44 pm

National Teams arent based solely on Individuals, if there were Spain, Argentina, Italy etc would be inthe finals for the Euro's and World Cups,

And we wouldn't see teams like Greece winning Euro's etc.
Back to top Go down
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 am

But as it goes, only 2 teams can make the final. But Italy, Spain and Argentina are CONSISTENT in reaching the last 16. You're right, individuals don't make teams, but more often than not the team with the best players win.

Greece was an annomily and the circumstances under which they won were dubious to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:15 am

Look at the Last 4 of the last 4-5 world cups:

06- France,Italy,Germany,Portugal
02- TURKEY, S.KOREA, Brazil, Germany
98- CROATIA, Holland, France, Brazil
94- SWEDEN, BULGARIA, Italy, Brazil

We do not see a Spain, Argentina(although were in Semi's in '90) yet we see, Croatia, Bulgaria, Sweden, Turkey, S.Korea.

Croatian players are some of the worlds best, athletically and technically, what other european nation (besides serbia) can boast an average height of there 18 year olds at over 180cm? (6ft)

Its population that makes the national look bad, France,Italy who make the lsit above twice each have over 40 Million, while Brazil who have made the semi's of the last 4 WC's have over 100 Million!, while Croatia has 4.2 million people, there is a small number that can be registered footballers, many of the greatests talents didnt come to the fore due to $$ problems, and the war, as Croatia is not in extreme poverty like Brazil, where football is the only option, many poor young croats give up football to help support there familys, I know my father never made it Pro in the 70s due to that,( oh! and he bashed the son of the club president lmaooooo)

Back to the popultion, if 0.01% of the population are professionals, thats 42000, if 0.0001 are of NT class, thats 420, considering that of this could be future talents or undiscovered players, a country of 4.2M to have 15 stand out players on form is awesome.

Also on the note of players, Croatia and the Former Yugoslavia, have money times been called the Brazil of Europe, im sure that says some thing about the quality of players.

And where a player plays doesnt show there class, if it were the case, players like Cyan, Rooney, Josemi, Djimi Traore, and other players who played for Liverpool, Chelsea, Manure and flopped, would have been top class players and not muppets.
Back to top Go down
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:19 pm

I said Spain and Argentina make the quarters at least, which is no mean feat. Are you really suggesting Croatia are better than Spain or Argentina? I remember the '98 World Cup...Croatia were impressive, i give you that. As for '02, South Korea never should have got to the Semis, should have been Italy.

France and Italy's population is actually 60ish million, but i take your point. I never said Croatia were crap, far from it. And yes, for such a small nation the team is very impressive. But then you do have the benefits of being in the former Yugoslavia...it is only now that now those generation of players have gone that you face a new challenge - and seem to be dealing with it quite well.

Yugoslavia was called the 'Brazil of Europe'...not Croatia. And at that, i can give you many examples of gracious compliments and comparisons on seemingly lowly teams, Poland in the 70s for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:07 am

The Brazil of Europe was the Former Yugoslavia, and the nickname really came to prominance from the '87 Chile Generation (u20 WC winners) and in that team the leading players where Prosinecki (best player award) and Boban (2nd best player award) with Suker as the teams top scorer.

The nickname was for the playing style which the Jugoslav team had, and its the playing style Most the teams have today (except Serbia as they are under a Spanish Coach (well were till yesterday)).

Thus it can be said that the nickname today applies to all of the Jugoslav NT's (except Slovenia and Macedonia, as they rarelly contributed to the top class players, baring Katenec and Pancev and a few others)
Back to top Go down
Alique
star player
star player

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:27 pm

you can't nick Yugoslavia's title. you're a completely separate entity now. There is no chance in hell that Croatia's style is the same as Brazil's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirko
new signing
new signing

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:05 am

We all play the same, strong defense, creative and intelegent midfield,

Its the style of play Jugoslavia had, all thats changed is the formation, as Yugo had a dutch 4-3-3, i was born in the Jugo era, am i student of the style, consider my self Jugoslav above all, as my mother is Serb and a Father is a Croat who were both from Bosnia as was I, thus it is not blind patriotism which is speaking here, but that of a football Scholar, one of the few that know the name Artur Friedenreich and acknowlegde him as one of the best ever for his amazing feats and high scoring amount.

So i am not knicking a title bistode to the great Jugoslav NT of the past and giving it to croatia, but am agreeing with a well known thought.

Put it this way, all the coaches in Croatia and Serbia and Bosnia and all of the Former Yugo played in the Yugo days, thus only know that style of play (unless they played over seas) thus the players learn from them, pick up what they teach them, which is the Yugoslav style, which was famed as the European version of the Brazilian style.

and to say Croatia doesnt play like Brazil, what is Brazilian style? Enjoy the game and out score your opponents, and 'try' to please the crowd with nice football.
Croatia is not doing that these days? (or in the 90s)
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

think the skill aspect of the game is more visible with portugal these days and perhaps the dutch in the old days. croatia in the boban/suker era were a top team indeed, but i wouldn't compare them to the brasilians as brasilian teams are distinguished by their skill on the ball, thats not to say croatia wern't good, but the brasil school of thought relies heavily on skillfull players, talented individuals in that art of skill in football.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patlmn
bench warmer
bench warmer

Male Number of posts : 275
Club/s : Manchester United
Player/s : Ruud van Nistlerooy, Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Croatia NT   Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Who will replace Eduardo?
Back to top Go down