teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sat May 24, 2008 4:22 pm

source: goal.com

Lavezzi Strike Stuns Catalonia

A goal by Eziquiel Lavezzi was enough to give Argentina's Olympic side a narrow vcitory over a valiant Catalonia.

The two sides clashed in a friendly game at Camp Nou on Saturday evening and it was the Napoli striker who broke the deadlock 17 minutes before the end of the match with a well taken goal.
The game was a close affair and the home side came close to taking the lead in the first half but they wasted their chances. Argentina are favourites to win the tournament in Beijing after their victory in Athens four years ago. Sergio Kun Aguero could and should have given his side the lead within the first 45 minutes but his strike on goal was wide of the mark.
Catalonia faced stiff oposition from the talented Argentina side but they were unable to capitalise. The home side tried to play one touch, pass and move football and they did created a couple of good chances but Luis Garcia's effort hardly troubled Ustari.
Victor Valdes was brilliant in between the sticks and his saves kept Argentina at bay as the raised the pressure. Catalonia came out fighting in the second half and it was Verdu who tested the Argentina back line with a strong drive which Ustari punched away for a corner.
Just as the home side upped the ante, they were brought back down to earth with a bump after Lavezzi pounced. The ball fell kindly to the Napoli striker and his finish was deadly as he beat Morales.
Aguero had the chance to double his side's lead but the Atletico Madrid star spurned his chance. The game fizzled out towards the end and Argentina just about deserved the win for their dominance in the first half.
Salvatore Landolina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad193
legend
legend

Male Number of posts : 2010
Club/s : Liverpool
Player/s : Zidane, Gerrard, Reina, Torres, Del Piero
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sat May 24, 2008 5:12 pm

who's in their team now?

do you have the full squad?

is masch going to play there..... or take a break
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 am

mascherano didn't play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sun May 25, 2008 7:20 am

The game kicks off at 19:00 local time and will be used as preparation for Argentina's attempts to defend their Olympic goal medal in Beijing later this year.

With home based players still involved in domestic competition, it will be an entirely European based side that takes to the field, with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi and Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero among the star attractions.

Batista has announced the following starting line-up: Ustari; Zabaleta, Fazio, Insúa, Ansaldi; Gago, Banega; Messi, Higuaín, Agüero and Lavezzi.

The most interesting decision sees Rubin Kazin full-back Cristian Ansaldi brought in a left-back, shifting Liverpool youngster Emiliano Insua into a centre-back role alongside Sevilla's Federico Fazio.

That change was made necessary by a knock picked up by Barcelona target Fabricio Coloccini during training on Friday. The Deportivo defender has all but recovered, but seems like he will have to settle for a place on the bench.

Boca Juniors youth academy products Fernando Gago and Ever Banega - now of Real Madrid and Valencia respectively - will form the central midfield partnership, with the four forwards rounding out an adventurous looking side, who should guarantee entertainment if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad193
legend
legend

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 am

insua !! baby i love this kid

if hes good enough to play with the NT.. he must be good enough to play for our 1st team

the future is bright... things may FINALLY turn around for us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Sun May 25, 2008 10:36 am

he is a good player. Although This is argentina under 23 i think.. strange decision to play him at centre back for Argentina??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahmad193
legend
legend

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:56 am

tee.. are you watching the games? how is argentina doing? who are the players? i heard masch was subbed... was he playing bad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 pm

drew against brazil last night in a rather disappointing encounter. 0-0. good news from our point of view is the fact that we played in brazil.

now we're up to second, 2 points behind the current leaders-paraguay- in the group, paraguay lost their last game 4-2.

Brazil lost 1 and drew the other, we drew our last 2 games.

I have no doubt both Argentina and Brazil will qualify for the world cup, so confident, i hardly watch the qualifiers!

I couldnt watch the match live but i saw highlights on saudi tv.. each team had a couple of chances each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 313

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 am

u get saudi tv in argentina? wtf? ;p
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://football.forumclan.com
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:06 pm

its been a while.

So Argentina was able to retain its Olympics title, true worthy winners even if they didn't shine in the final. Beating a strong Brazil team which included the likes of Ronaldinho and Robinho was definitely the most enjoyable game i had watched for some time and i STRONGLY recommend anyone to download it. It's worth it; PURE exhibition of skill, pace only fitting for what i personally regard as the BIGGEST game in world football- PERIOD.

World cup qualifiers saw Argentina draw their last game against Bolivia a couple of weeks ago (the same internation break which Gerrard took off for his surgery)- Argentina didn't play well, maintaining possession but not creating clear cut chances, but they still managed to score the first goal which was cancelled out in the last attack of the whole game- i went to bed that night at 5 am dissing everyone who played. Mascherano had received a yellow card the game before which meant he had to sit out the second game- i personally think his loss had a big impact on the team's performance. Although Gago was the outstanding player that game. Now i believe Argentina are third in their table ( i need to check ). Aguero who is banging 'em in for Athletico, is not converting his chances with his national team, and Teves was sent off early in that game (the prick). Anyway, the next round of games is in late october i believe so watch this space, i think we'll come back strong.

While i've been away somone else has emerged as a talent- a kid playing in Benfica named De maria. He has technique, dribbling ability, good pace and can finish although he usually operates from wide areas. I think he'll be the next in line to emerge as a world class talent. His performances at the Olympics (which included scoring a winner in the final) alerted several big clubs including Madrid and Inter but having only signed him less than a year ago, Benfica will not let him go for cheap.

ok that's it. I wonder whats going on in Brazil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argentine NT   

Back to top Go down

Argentine NT
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultimate Football Fans :: National Teams :: Argentina-
Jump to: